Welcome to my Media Blog!

Daniel Tayler.
Media Studies.
Mrs Downie
Mr Ford

Friday 19 September 2014

Film Poster -


Earlier in year 10, we did a Film Poster project. We evaluated other film posters then had to create our own based on the genre of Action/Adventure with the target audience of teens/young adults. I put in a sci-fi element into my movie.

My colour scheme included primary and secondary colours. I used cool colours such as blues and dark purples. I contrasted these colours with warm reds. One of my many acquaintances Lucy Rowe asked to be the main image for my movie poster.

My poster changed dramatically through the design process.
I chose the blues and purples because I feel that they connect well with my movie. These are rich, vivid colours that you are not likely to see every day. Which is very fitting considering my move does have sci-fi element. I believe the blue hints at loneliness and sadness, which is a key theme in my movie, but the purple, represents adventure. I chose the font because I felt it made my title effective. I felt it helped make the '2060' even snappier. I put my credits at the bottom of my poster. This is because after some research it became apparent that most posters had all their credits tucked away at the bottom. I chose space as my background because it conveys my given genre adventure. You cannot get much more adventurous than space! That is why I decided to base my movie in space. The main image is of Lucy Rowe. I edited this on Adobe Photoshop. I cut out her body from the original image I took with the camera. I then added some effects to make her a little transparent and to add an unnatural colour to her. I believe the audience will be able to tell from the main image that the film is aimed at teens. Like many of the films this year, the main characters have been women. Such as 'The Hunger Games' and 'Divergent'. So I decided to make my main image female too.


I believe that the strengths of my poster would be the amount of editing that I actually did on my




No comments:

Post a Comment